“The first act of violence that patriarchy demands of males is not violence toward women. Instead patriarchy demands of all males that they engage in acts of psychic self-mutilation, that they kill off the emotional parts of themselves. If an individual is not successful in emotionally crippling himself, he can count on patriarchal men to enact rituals of power that will assault his self-esteem.” - bell hooks
We've been modelled a masculinity that is, at best robbing us of our humanity, at worst, it's toxic to everyone.
Now a culture war wages over whether you conform to the old or 'go woke'.
No wonder men are feeling;
- confused & uncertain
- not sure what's right or appropriate any more
- unexpressed and unappreciated.
We need to learn;
- how the old patterns of patriarchy constrict our own lives
- what price we've been paying for conforming to cultural norms
- new stories and possibilities to be fully alive.
And then what role we can play in supporting;
- our own full and authentic expression
- the elevation of the feminine, and
- new ways of acting and relating between all peoples.
Be the First to Know
Drop your details here to be the first to know when new programs are launching.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"I want to thank you for your compassion and insight."
"thank you for your inspiration. You gave me hope to carry on and keep on believing in the vision! Your light shines brighter than a thousand suns"
"you have the ability to help a person BE AT THEIR BEST..."